10 Dec

Portable sources are fixed sources that can be “easily” relocated. Use portable sources while you are sitting in one place and not emitting during the passage. Examples include concrete lot mixes or asphalt installations. All new sources, unless they come for an exception under the Indiana Administrative Code (326 IAC 2-1.1-3), require some air clearance prior to construction and operation. In most cases, IDEM has combined building permit and operating programs and will issue an authorization document that will serve as both a building permit and an operating permit. An authorization at 326 IAC 2-10 [PDF] does not exempt the source of the need for a building permit. A new source, which wishes to be approved in accordance with Rule 326 IAC 2-10, must first obtain a building and operating permit. If the modifications to a facility are significant enough to increase the source`s potential to emit regulated pollutants, it should register or obtain the appropriate building and operating permit. You may need to send a (1) copy of the application to a public library in the county where the source is located (preferably in the nearest local public library in the county where the source is located) when the authorization action is subject to the public disclosure 326 IAC 2-1.1-6 [PDF]. For more information on this application, see Part H of the GSD-01 form (now available on the IDEM Forms page). Authorization under 326 IAC 2-11 [PDF] rules does not require a building permit. Authorizations under 326 IAC 2-11 contain specific throughput limits to limit EDPs.

Currently, there are line lines after 326 IAC 2-11 for grain elevators, grain mills and gas stations. Anything on the exception list 326 IAC 2-1.1-3 [PDF] is excluded as long as the new total PTE source does not induce the source to require higher authorization. Optional changes can be made without public notification or IDEM. However, if the Committee wishes the IDEM to review and accept the amendment, the Committee must apply. One might think that “mobile” and “portable” sources are the same thing. This is not the case (with regard to air authorisation). Mobile sources are cars, trucks, buses, etc. These are sources that emit as they move. At present, IDEM does not grant authorization for mobile sources. With the exception of the coal industry and some stone grinding facilities, the SSOAs do not have annual royalties, but must submit an annual compliance certification. Neither should the SSOAs be renewed as long as the source respects the operational limits of the agreement. It is a legal form published by the Indiana Department of Environmental Management, a government agency active in Indiana.

To date, no separate notification policy has been provided by the form delivery service. As long as building and operating permit requirements are met, sources whose actual emissions (not TEPs) are less than 20% of all major licensing thresholds without the use of pollution control facilities can be exploited under the Permit by Rule program. For example, the rule-authorization operating program would apply to sources within an area to reach, actual emissions of less than 20 tonnes of carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxides (NOX), sulphur dioxide (SO2), volatile organic compounds (VOCs) or particles of less than 10 microns (PM-10), less than 2 TPY of lead or other hazardous air fuel (PAH). or 5 TPY of a combination of PAH.